HelloFresh is a meal delivery service that provides homecooked meals that won’t take much of your time.
While this is among the most popular food subscription boxes, you might find that it isn’t for you. So, we’ll tell you all about how to cancel HelloFresh and suggest a few alternatives. Here’s what we’ll cover:
- HelloFresh — The Popular Meal Delivery Service
- How to Change Your HelloFresh Subscription
- How to Skip a HelloFresh Order
- How to Cancel Your Subscription
- Can You Reactivate Your Account After Canceling?
- Alternatives You Should Consider
HelloFresh — The Popular Meal Delivery Service
HelloFresh was founded in 2011 in Berlin, Germany. Since then, it has become one of the most popular meal delivery services. It sends food in well-sealed boxes with ice packs to keep it cool and fresh.
After getting the food, you spend around 30 minutes to an hour preparing, so you can enjoy a nice home-cooked meal. The service offers plenty of weekly choices and specific food for particular diets. If you’re interested in this company, check out our full breakdown of HelloFresh to learn more.
Reasons Why People Are Canceling
Even if the meals look amazing, some people still decide to delete their HelloFresh account. There are two common reasons for that.
With prices ranging from $7.99 to $11.99, the amount spent might pile up depending on the subscription type. Even if the food is good and varied, cheaper options like EveryPlate might be better for some customers.
If the food doesn’t fit your specific diet, it’s understandable that you want to stop ordering. HelloFresh offers a low-calorie option, a pescatarian, and a vegetarian menu, but it doesn’t have foods for a keto or paleo diet.
HelloFresh Cancellation Policy
Before you delete your HelloFresh account, you should know more about the cancellation policy. You have to cancel at least five days before the next delivery. If you fail to do this in time, you’ll get another box and will be charged for it.
How to Change Your Subscription
Do you want to cancel your HelloFresh account, or are you just not happy with the subscription plan you signed up for? If it’s the latter, no worries. Just log into your account. You can change the number and type of meals you want to receive.
How to Skip a HelloFresh Order
If you’re unsure about canceling HelloFresh, what about skipping a week? You can do this when you’re not in town or don’t have any time for cooking. Follow these steps:
- Log in to your HelloFresh account and click on “My Menu”.
- Pick the day you wish to skip.
- Select “Edit Delivery” from the top menu.
- Check the options and choose “Skip this week.”
How to Cancel Your Subscription
If you’re adamant about ending your subscription, here are a few guides on how to cancel HelloFresh depending on the device you use:
From a Web Browser
Whether you use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or another browser on your PC, here are the steps you need to take:
- Log in to your account.
- Click on your name in the upper right corner.
- Choose “Account Settings.”
- Scroll down to the bottom, where you’ll see the “Status” of your plan. Click on the “Cancel Plan” button.
- You’ll get a pop-up window asking you why you want to cancel. Fill in the details and click on “Continue.”
- That’s it! You should see the cancellation confirmation on your screen.
From an Apple Device
You can also deactivate HelloFresh from your iPhone or iPad. There are two options to do so. Here’s how to proceed through the app:
- Open your HelloFresh app.
- Go to “Account Settings” and tap on your name.
- Click on the “Subscriptions” tab.
- Press the “Cancel” option.
Alternatively, follow these steps:
- Go to your iTunes or App store.
- Click on your Apple ID.
- Log in and go to “Subscriptions.”
- Tap on the “HelloFresh Subscription.”
- Click on the “Cancel” button.
From an Android Device
If you’re using an Android device, here’s the guide on how to cancel your HelloFresh subscription:
- Open Google Play Store.
- Log in to the correct Google account if you’re using more than one.
- Tap on the “Menu” tab and the “Subscriptions” button.
- Select your HelloFresh subscription.
- Click on “Cancel Subscription.”
If HelloFresh is removed from your Google Play Store, your membership is also canceled.
Via E-mail or Phone Call
If you want to ensure that your account is deleted, here’s how to quit HelloFresh through e-mail:
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: unsubscribe HelloFresh account.
- Write up your full name and registered e-mail and clearly state that you no longer want to receive this service. Your account should be deleted in the next 3 to 5 days.
If you want to easily stop your subscription to HelloFresh, you can cancel it with a phone call. Dial (646) 846-3663, and you’ll reach a customer support representative that can help you. Tell them that you want to cancel your account, and they’ll ask you for your credentials and the reason for doing so. After this, they’ll deactivate your account.
Can You Reactivate Your Account After Canceling?
If you didn’t pause your HelloFresh account and canceled it instead, don’t worry. Even if you delete your HelloFresh account, the information still stays in the service’s database. So, there’s no problem if you decide to reactivate it. Here’s how to do that:
- Open the HelloFresh app.
- Sign in to your account.
- Go to the settings.
- Click on “Plan Settings” and click on “Edit.”
- Click on “Reactivate” for the subscription plan you want.
You can also do this via your web browser by logging into your account and clicking on the reactivation banner.
Alternatives You Should Consider
If you followed our guide on how to delete your HelloFresh account, you shouldn’t have a subscription by now. But you might want to check another meal delivery service to find the perfect fit. Luckily, there are other subscription boxes for you to try. Here are a few of the best ones:
This is one of the biggest HelloFresh competitors. After all, Blue Apron offers high-quality meals for reasonable prices. The service has a wellness plan and works with Weight Watchers to include healthy, low-calorie food.
Blue Apron has been on the market for a long time, and it offers various meals, including vegetarian and diabetes-friendly options. Plus, the meals are customizable. You can check the review on our site to learn more about Blue Apron and see if it’s a good match.
If you got tired of HelloFresh and decided to cancel, you can try Home Chef. It’s a pretty well-known meal delivery service that prides itself on offering very customizable meals and a large variety of quick and easy options.
Home Chef has meals that you can prepare in 15 minutes, and the prices are quite affordable. It’s mostly American cuisine, so you’ll always get a familiar taste. You can check out our review on Home Chef to learn more about it before trying it.
Now that you learned how to cancel your HelloFresh account and no longer use a meal delivery service, why not explore something new?
Sunbasket offers meal kits and freshly-made food that you just have to reheat for a few minutes. The service provides excellent variety, and almost all ingredients are certified organic. The prices are a little high, but that’s understandable, considering the components’ origins.
To learn more, check out our review of Sunbasket and see if that’s the service you’re looking for.
HelloFresh is a meal delivery service that offers a wide range of quality food. But you might not like the price, options, or something else. That’s why we created this guide on how to cancel HelloFresh.
If you’re unsure about giving up on your subscription, you can always skip a week or change your plan.
We hope you found the answers you were looking for. If you cancel your account, we encourage you to try some of the suggested alternatives. You deserve the best service for your needs.